*This recipe makes TWO 9x13" pans serving 12; cut recipe in half if you only want to serve 6.
- 2 lb. ground beef (or ground chicken or turkey)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jars (28 oz) spaghetti sauce16 oz. whole wheat spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz. sliced pepperoni
- In a large skillet cook meat and onion until the meat is thoroughly browned. Drain fat. Add spaghetti sauce and noodles, stirring well.
- Divide mixture in half and put one half in each 9x13 pan. Top each with 2 cups cheese, then top with pepperoni.
- To bake one immediately, preheat oven at 350 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes or heated through. Serve.
- To freeze, cover and place in freezer.
- To thaw and cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 and bake 35-40 minutes, or until heated through. Serve!