1 pound of ground beef
1 cup of chopped onion
2 cloves of minced garlic
Salt and pepper for flavor
4 cups of meatless spaghetti sauce (I use 2 jars of Three Cheese Prego.)
1 cup of water
16 oz. of Mostaccioli pasta
1 - 8 0z. package of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the pasta (2 minutes less than the directions on the box).
2. While pasta is cooking, brown beef, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic. Drain the mixture.
3. Return the beef mixture to the pot. Add the sauce and water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Combine cheeses in a separate bowl.
1. In a 9x13 dish, layer noodles, sauce mixture, and cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
1. Assemble dish in a foil pan.
2. Cover with saran wrap and then heavy duty foil.
3. Freeze for up to 1 month.
From the Freezer to the Table:
1. Completely thaw dish.
2. Remove saran wrap and foil.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cover for the last 5 minutes if dish is getting too brown.