- 1 to 1 1/2 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 9 ounces tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cup grated cheese
- For day of serving: shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, black olives
- In large skillet, brown ground beef. Stir in taco seasoning. Sprinkle flour over top. Stir to combine.
- Stir in broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Once cooled freeze.
On serving day, thaw.
Grease 9×13 inch baking pan. Place 1/2 of crushed chips across bottom of dish. Layer with half the meat sauce and then half the cheese. Repeat layers: chips, meat, cheese.
Place in 325° oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly, adding up to 10 to 15 minutes baking time, depending on how cold or frozen the casserole is at the start. Serve with toppings.