3-4 lbs. pot roast
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3 whole cloves
4 medium apples, cored and quartered
1 small onion, sliced
1/2 c. apple juice
3-4 Tbsp. flour
2-4 Tbsp. water
1. Trim excess fat from roast. Lightly rub meat with oil. Dust with salt, pepper, and ginger. Insert cloves into roast.
2. Place apples and onions in crock pot and top with roast.
3. Pour in apple juice. Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours.
4. Remove roast and apples to platter.
5. Turn crock pot to high. Make a smooth paste of flour and water and stir into crock pot. Cover until thickened.
Thaw completely. Heat thoroughly. This can be done stove top or in a slow cooker. (Meat is already cooked). Remove roast and apples from broth, and thicken broth with flour/water paste on stove. (I did not thicken the gravy before freezing)