Meet The Freezer Friendz!

Looking for a way to simplify dinnertime in your home?
You've come to the right place!
Our freezer cooking recipes are sure to take the headache out of evening meal prep.
We invite you to leave comments after you try a recipe, as well.
We'd love to know what you think!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Cincinnati Chili by Mel

Ingredients:
1 pkg. "Cincinnati Recipe" chili mix
1 6oz. can of tomato paste
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
6 cups water
spaghetti
cheddar cheese
Optional extras: onions, beans

Directions:
Combine chili mix packet, tomato paste, water and raw beef in large pot. Beat it with a fork to break up meat chunks. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.

Serve:
Serve over spaghetti, topped with cheese. Can also be served on hot dogs in buns for cheese coneys.

Freezer instructions:
Let chili cool, and skim fat off the top before freezing. Thaw and reheat to serve. If chili seems too thick, you can add some water to thin it while you are reheating.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Wishin I was in your group to get this meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me start off by prefacing this comment with the fact that none of our family grew up in Cincinnati, therefore we have not yet aquired the tastebud for "Cincinnati Chili". Chad and the girls really didn't care for it, however, I thought it was fine. Not my favorite but still tasty, especially after I added some jalepenos and onions to it.
    Thanks for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved it. All my kids had seconds. This is probably the most food the boys have eaten in ages. Caleb said he'll have to give you his thanks on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. most natives I know like skyline and being transplants from the texas area we much prefer gold star. With that being said we were a little nervous with your skyline story at the swap. However I would like to say that we really liked this and had no left overs because the kids stuffed themselves. So, we would like to know which brand you used for the chili ix? My bet is on skyline because of the above, but I am willing to eat my word if we can make it at home! Thanks Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVED this meal Mel (as you heard)! I am excited to try this soon. Each child had 3 helpings each and there were still leftovers...Micah was out of town:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,
    I actually used the brand "Cincinnati Chili Mix" from Kroger, so yes, you too can make it at home. It's possible to get "skyline" brand, but we have always just used this. Probably comes from the generic shopper in me! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete