½ lb bacon
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
2-3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp black pepper
½ tbs brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cans beans (I use several different kinds, pinto, black, kidney rinsed)
add 1 can of water
1. Turn stove top on med-med high.
2. Put bacon in the pot to start to cook, once browned add minced onions until translucent. Add garlic once onions are soft.
a. Mix in the spices (chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic salt)
i. Throw in brown sugar and allow all of the spices to cook in for about 1 min.
b. Put the tomatoes and tomato paste in. Let simmer.
i. Add water until you like the consistency of the chili.
3. In a skillet, brown the beef and drain the fat.
a. Pour into the chili
4. Stir in the rinsed beans of your choice.
5. Let simmer for on low for an hour or more.
6. Cool completely.
7. Pour 12 cups of chili into one Ziploc freezer bag. Lay flat and freeze.
Thaw completely. Reheat and serve.