- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup good quality spicy brown mustard with whole mustard seeds
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 9 x 13 pan.
- In small bowl, whisk together mustard, maple syrup, brown sugar and red wine vinegar.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish, leaving space between pieces.
- Liberally salt and pepper each chicken breast.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken, making sure to coat all chicken pieces with some of the sauce.
- Bake 15 minutes, then open oven and with a ladle, gather some of the sauce from the pan and pour on chicken again.
- Reduce heat to 400 degrees and cook 15 minute more until sauce is bubbly and golden brown. This can be prepared in a crock pot. Cooking time is 3-4 hours on low.
Assembly for Freezing: Do steps 2-5. Then, place chicken mixture in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Freeze.
Serving Day: Thaw completely. Do steps 1, 6 and 7.