1 1/2 pounds of boneless chicken (3-4 chicken breasts)
3 teaspoons of cumin
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 bag of frozen corn
1 jar (32 oz) of salsa
1 bag of shredded cheese
1 bag of tortilla chips
1. Make a "rub" with the 4 spices and rub on the chicken breasts - place in a crock pot.
2. Add the other ingredients (except chips and cheese) and mix.
3. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Shred chicken during the last hour of cooking to give the meat more flavor.
If you want to freeze:
1. Cool chicken mixture.
2. Pour into Ziploc freezer bag.
*For our group, you will need to thaw ingredients and then start at #3 under "Steps".
1. Thaw overnight.
2. Heat mixture and serve over rice with shredded cheese on top or just eat with tortilla chips.
More ideas for the chicken filling:
1. Mexican pizza topping.
3. Taco salad
4. Breakfast burrito