1 1/2 pounds of beef flank steak or boneless beef top sirloin steak
1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
1/3 cup of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
Cooking day instructions:
1. Score meat in 1" intervals across steak.
2. Place meat in freezer bags.
3. Stir together lemon peel, lemon juice, sugar, soy sauce, oregano and pepper.
4. Pour marinade over meat and close bag.
5. Freeze flat.
Serving day instructions:
1. Thaw completely.
2. Remove steak and place on uncovered grill over medium coals for 12-14 minutes for medium doneness.
3. Turn once during cooking and brush with marinade halfway through cooking process.
4. Always boil marinade 2-3 minutes after removing meat and prior to basting grilled steak.
5. To serve, meat can be thinly sliced across the grain or served in larger pieces.