Meet The Freezer Friendz!

Looking for a way to simplify dinnertime in your home?
You've come to the right place!
Our freezer cooking recipes are sure to take the headache out of evening meal prep.
We invite you to leave comments after you try a recipe, as well.
We'd love to know what you think!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Steak Fajitas by Erica

Ingredients:
1.5 pounds of tip sirloin sliced into strips
1 bell pepper sliced into strips
1 onion sliced into strips
1 packet of fajita seasoning
1 cup of water.
1 pack of tortillas
1 bag of cheese

Assembly: Place all ingredients except tortillas and cheese in gallon size Ziploc freezer bag.

Serving Day: Put 1-2 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Preheat skillet. Pour all ingredients into skillet. Cook until veggies are soft and meat is to your liking. Scoop into tortillas, add cheese if desired.

5 comments:

  1. I was very excited to try these because I love anything steak! I thawed it in a cool water bath in sink. That ended up being a mistake because I didn't notice the bag had a slight rip in it. Some water got in before I noticed. I was not going to thow good steak away, so I drained it and made it anyway. I think a lot of the flavor got washed away, so I can't give a fair vote on this meal. That being said, I think the veggies would to better if frozen in a separate bag so they could be added after the meat is cooked to avoid mushy veggies. The meat was a bit tough for the kids to chew. Maybe thinner strips would do better for kids??? It was a great idea and I'm sad I ruined the chance to really get to taste them as you made them. Thanks for making them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last night too. Lots of flavor, so that wasn't a problem. but I agree with your comments about the veggies. I like my meat a little more raw, so didn't think they were too mushy, but agree that they would have been better thrown in a little later. The meat I had the grocer cut. Not sure if he would cut them in thinner strips if I asked, because that would be a lot of cutting to do by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the meat was a little tuff. I would suggest a better quality meat. I think the strips were fine. I have made a version of this in the past and I believe I made the same mistake. It had great flavor, just tough meat. I usually cut my own meat. Never thought to ask the grocer, great idea. The kids liked this. I also agree freezing veggies seperate will help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any suggestions on the meat because the kind I bought said it was perfect for stir fry, which I translated to perfect for anything quickly cooked on a skillet. What have you found to work well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We really enjoyed the flavor of this meat.

    ReplyDelete