- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 bag shredded cheddar
- 1 can refried beans
- sour cream
- large bag of your favorite taco chips
- Optional: chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce
- Optional: substitute taco shells for the taco chips
- You can use a 9x13" pan for a shallow dip or a round Corning Ware dip for a thicker dip - either works fine!
- Grease your pan.
- Spread out the refried beans to be the bottom layer.
- Brown and drain the ground beef. Add in taco seasoning and water according to taco pkg. directions.
- Spread out the ground beef on top of your refried beans.
- Spread out whole bag of cheddar cheese on top of beef.
To Bake Immediately: Bake for 20 minutes at 350 until heated through and cheese is melted.
To Freeze for later: cover with a couple layers of foil and freeze. On cooking day, thaw first, then bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until cooked through. You might to keep it covered until the last 10 minutes so your cheese doesn't burn.
Scoup out big spoonfuls as desired add globs of sour cream as you like, and use your taco chips to dip!
You can also add chopped tomatoes, onions, or shredded lettuce to make taco salads. You could scoop up the mixture into taco shells for a fancy taco as well!
This is one of my favorites from growing up - my younger brother was in to cooking in junior high - this was his recipe! Enjoy!